BookI read to escape. Books by Lee Charles Kelley, Daniel Silva, and John Grisham.
Favourite Tech CEO / FounderN/A
If you could do a TedTalk on anything what would it be on?The Need for New Antibiotics
Stephen Thompson is a founding partner and managing director of Brandon Capital Partners, the largest life science healthcare fund in Australasia. Brandon Capital raised their first fund in 2007 with the mission of commercializing Australian medical research. Australia is home to loads of world-class medical research but didn’t have the weight of local capital to bring projects through to market. Brandon Capital stepped in to provide the funding and expertise to get these ideas out of the lab and into the global market.
Stephen is a founding partner of Brandon Capital Partners. Before moving to Australia, Stephen was a Director of Apax Partners based in London and previously worked in product development at a biotech and as a research immunologist. He’s currently a director of; Longas Technologies, MecRx, OncoRes Medical, Respirion Pharmaceuticals and Vaxxas and was a former director of former director of Elastagen, (acquired by Allergan in 2018).
In this episode, Ian speaks with Stephen about…
- His technical background working in product development and immunology research
- How Brandon Capital came to be
- An overview of the Brandon Capital portfolio
- The incubation model the firm uses to identify and commercialise research
- Recruiting a highly trained team
- How Brandon is different from other Aussie VC firms