PodcastMasters of Scale
AppPictureThat (plant identification)
Favourite Tech CEO / FounderSilvia Pfeiffer of Coviu
If you could do a TedTalk on anything what would it be on?How do you change people's minds about the environment?
Colette Grgic is no stranger to startups. She is the Head of Startup Ecosystem in Australia & New Zealand for Amazon Web Services. In this role, Colette is responsible for the growth of the startup ecosystem at AWS and leads an excellent team who support startups with commercial and technical advice. She also serves as a Director of Heads Over Heels. Prior to her role at AWS, Colette was Chief Innovation Officer at BlueChilli. Colette also founded her own travel tech startup, Arribaa, and managed Autogenie, an internal startup for ASX-listed Smartgroup.
In this chat with Ian, Colette shares…
- What is was like growing up in South Africa and Canada
- How she developed a passion for innovation and startups
- The story of founding her startup Arribaa (“the Airbnb of experiences”)
- The highs and lows of her 6-year journey with BlueChilli
- Her favourite parts of her role at AWS
- Where the magic happens between corporates and startups
- How the AWS Activate program can help startups scale
If you’re looking to scale your startup, apply to the AWS Activate program to receive AWS credits, AWS support plan credits and training to help grow your business: https://aws.amazon.com/activate/