Favourite Tech CEO / Founder
If you could do a TedTalk on anything what would it be on?
Peter Dunne is one of Australia’s leading venture capital and private equity lawyers, specialising in private capital raisings and M&A. Peter has advised on multibillion-dollar transactions, including acquisitions, buy-outs, disposals, joint ventures and recapitalisations, involving some of Australia’s largest public and private organisations; his clients include Atlassian, Canva, Deputy, Culture Amp, Linktree, BigCommerce, Campaign Monitor, Expert 360, SafteyCulture, Tyro, Zoox…the list goes on.
In this conversation with Ian, Peter talks about…
- Why he became a lawyer and how early experiences shaped his career
- Why he’s more interested in people than the size of deals
- Key differences between private equity and venture capital
- How he got involved in Atlassian’s first capital raise
- His approach to building a tech practice and choosing clients
- His advice for startup founders who are fundraising
- What “legal debt” is and how to avoid it