Date: Tuesday 08 Dec 2020
Time: 8:00 am
Location: ASX Auditorium
Cost: Free - $28
Don’t miss our last event of 2020, we’re getting together in Sydney and hosting a fireside chat with Kate Morris, Founder of Adore Beauty!
Innovation Bay is focused on supporting founders from idea to IPO and beyond and Kate Morris’s story absolutely showcases that journey.
In 2000, Kate Morris began a beauty empire in her garage. She had 2 brands on board to start with, asked her boyfriend’s dad for a $12,000 loan to buy a basic website and stored stock under her bed. Kate was on a mission to change the beauty shopping experience for Australian women. A university job on cosmetics counters led Kate to realise that most women found department stores intimidating. Now, 20 years later, the business is definitely out of the garage. Adore Beauty has a warehouse and office, over 150 employees, sells 230+ leading beauty brands, serves over 1.5 million customers and is listed on the ASX as ABY.
Kate has received many awards and accolades, including Telstra Young Businesswoman of the Year for Victoria in 2010, and the Business Innovation Award for Victoria at the Telstra Business Women’s Awards in 2014. Kate was inducted into the Australian Businesswomen’s Network Hall of Fame in 2015.
Ian and Kate will discuss:
- The importance of steady, profitable growth
- Why she recently stepped back as CEO
- The leadership journey she’s experienced transitioning from working alone in a garage to leading a team of 150+
- The long founder journey that takes dedication, passion and self-belief
We’re thrilled for our community to gather for this special event to end the year and hope to see you there!
Be Covid Safe. We take our responsibility as an event organiser seriously so in response to Covid-19, we have procedures we want to make you aware of:
- We adhere to the 4 sqm rule at all venues
- We’ll provide hand sanitiser, and tissues should anyone want one
- We’ll tempreture check all attendees
- We encourage attendees to wear a face mask
- We encourage attendees if they have been to a Covid hotspot 48hrs before the event not to attend
- We’ll have a staff member who will be visible and noted as the safety officer who will ensure social distancing and safety
What we ask of you:
- If you feel unwell within 48 hours of the event, or have been in a Covid hotspot, please let us know and take a raincheck for next time.
- We encourage attendees to wear a mask to attend and will have hand sanitiser and tissues available.
- On attendance, we’ll tempreture check all attendees as we hand out name badges