Senior Product Designer
A bit about us
AgriWebb’s mission is to sustainably improve the world’s food supply by digitising the global animal protein production sector. We want to unlock environmentally conscious practices that put profits in the pockets of farmers and red-meat protein on the tables of billions of people.
We are the market leader in SaaS Livestock Business Management and are rapidly expanding, with offices in Australia, USA and UK; and customers in Brazil, South Africa, and New Zealand.
Joining us means you’ll be working with a group of phenomenal people from farming experts, to tech groundbreakers, to sustainability gurus – in a fun, down to earth and supportive culture.
As the Senior Product Designer you have the opportunity to expand our existing products as well as design major new features and product lines from scratch. Working closely with our customers, you will deeply understand their pain points and goals, develop empathy and then find a meaningful and practical solution that maximises value for both customers and business.
We have a great challenge: to design something powerful but simple to use by our unique customer, farmers. They need a product that can stand up to extreme environmental challenges such as being used in the rain, whilst wearing gloves and handling one tonne animals!
You have the opportunity to apply your skills in creating impactful solutions that result in agricultural productivity, profitability and sustainability, and be a pioneer in creating a digital farming experience.
Responsibilities of the role include
- Collaborate with other Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to drive a user-centred approach to problem-solving
- Collaborate on design strategy, culture, toolbox and ways of working
- Participate in peer reviews and collaborative design sessions
- Contribute to AgriWebb design system in collaboration with other Designers and UI Developers
- Take full ownership of a project design phase from discovery to delivery
- Closely collaborate with a Product Manager on defining goals and desired outcomes, validating assumptions and ideas, planning and conducting user interviews
- Plan and facilitate discovery and ideation workshops
- Facilitate design reviews and iterate based on feedback
To be successful in the role you will need
- Strong understanding of the best UI and UX practices for native and web apps on phone, tablet or desktop
- Understanding of the right amount of process in a growing business, so teams move fast with minimal overhead
- Leading an end-to-end design process from discovery to delivery
- Communicate strongly and excel at written, verbal and visual forms to take a team on a design process journey
- Ability to take high-level vision and product specs and translate them into actionable artefacts for design and development of the final product
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to deliver the best experience and outcome for customers and for the business
- Flexible working. Our HQ is a beautiful light-filled converted warehouse space in the heart of Surry Hills, but our team enjoys a flexible (WFH days), supportive and family-friendly work environment.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave. We also continue to pay superannuation for up to 12 months of parental leave.
- Annual learning & development budget to spend on whatever you’d like to learn.
- Additional 10 days paid Family Leave, and Birthday day off.
- MacBooks and access to leading applications so you can do your best work.
- A range of health and wellness benefits including EAP, personal wellbeing allowance, flu vaccines and more.
- Celebrate with a pair of RM Williams boots at 6 months!
Like many of us here at AgriWebb, you may not have worked in the world of agriculture before, but you’ll fall in love with it and your ability to impact real problems for real people in one of the oldest, and least digitised, industries in the world.
We celebrate and value diversity and are committed to being equitable and inclusive. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply as we’d love to learn how your unique experience can add value at AgriWebb.