Investment Associate, Ventures
READY FOR ANYTHING
At IAG, we live and work by our purpose to make your world a safer place. We are motivated by a unique culture that celebrates honesty, creativity, empathy, equity and collaboration. We call it the IAG way, and it means we all share a ‘ready for anything’ mindset that sets the tone for positive actions and positive outcomes. We put heart into everything we do which guides us to create amazing things for our customers, our people and our communities.
We’re brimming with ideas, ambition and a readiness to apply bold thinking and risk awareness to make a difference where it matters most.
As the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, we own some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. We are ready for anything.
IAG Firemark Ventures (IAGFV) is IAG’s dedicated $150 million corporate venture capital fund. IAGFV’s role is to “bring the outside world in” by investing into start-ups with disruptive technology and business models that can be strategically leveraged for the benefit of IAG and its customers, by embracing emerging technology trends and leveraging new capabilities that can be adopted to complement or enhance IAG’s existing businesses. IAGFV has invested in 23 portfolio companies from across Australia, New Zealand, The USA and Israel.
The purpose of your role as Investment Associate, IAG Firemark Ventures, is to support and lead end-to-end investment deal flow and execution.
• Build the global investment pipeline for new deal flow
• Conduct start-up evaluations and engage with IAG business stakeholders to formulate investment cases
• Grow the network of VCs and CVCs – both locally and globally – to develop relationships and share knowledge and insights that inform and support future investment opportunities
• Support IAGFV in building its external profile and brand through representation across industry events and partnerships
• Lead deal structuring, term sheet and legal agreement reviews, and strategic MOUs development
• Lead investment due diligence and commercial negotiations
• Develop investment papers and recommendations for the IAGFV Investment Committee
Skills, Experience & Profile
• A passion for technology, startups and investing
• 2-4 years early-stage investment, startup and/or technology innovation expertise – your experience may have been developed at another investment group; a startup / high-growth technology business; or an advisory firm in management consulting / investment banking
• Proven deal execution experience, including investment due diligence and preferably exposure to commercial negotiations
• Connections within the Australian and/or international start-up / venture capital ecosystems are a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with high EQ to match
• Strong financial and commercial acumen
• Curious, collaborative and comfortable with ambiguity
• Self-starter who brings something new and unique to the team
Ready for anything? Let’s talk.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’! Applications close on 17th February 2023.
IAG rewards and recognises its people with generous benefits, career development opportunities and real work-life balance. Employees also enjoy 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work programs, various corporate partner discounts and a people-focused culture that celebrates achievements big and small.
Creating a workforce that actively embraces diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is key to our success. We believe in treating everyone fairly which means that inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven through our values and behaviours. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements please advise us via your application.
IAG has committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our company website.
Apply now >> HERE