Goterra is a Canberra based ag-tech startup company that designs and builds modular infrastructure (MIB) to process food waste using insects, and we need an Office Manager to join our team based at our head office in Hume. Our team is diverse and multidisciplinary, with expertise in engineering, manufacturing, software, electronics, agriculture and biology. Together we’re building sustainable solutions to the critical global challenges of food waste and climate change. We’re passionate about the climate crisis – so if you share that passion, we want to hear from you.
The Office Manager works with various departments across the organisation to ensure all daily management, administrative, and operational tasks are completed on time. Your role is to organise and coordinate administration duties and office procedures, ensuring high levels of organisational effectiveness, communication and safety. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and trustworthy, competent in prioritising and working with minimal supervision, and dedicated to our mission.
Some of your duties will include the following:
- Support teams with various administrative and clerical tasks tasks e.g. scheduling and setting up meetings and appointments.
- Ensure the reception area is tidy and presentable, meet and greet visitors when they arrive on site and advise appropriate personnel of their arrival, and answer incoming phone/email queries or direct to appropriate personnel. Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk e.g. monitor logbook, issue visitor badges
- Assist in organising and maintaining the office layout and arranging any necessary purchases and/or repairs to equipment. Manage employees queries regarding all office management issues e.g. equipment hire, staff travel arrangements and accommodation, site access, transport bookings, and purchasing equipment, parts and consumables
- Sort all incoming post and distribute accordingly and arrange deliveries, packaging and shipping of product orders to clients. Manage necessary paperwork for supply ordering, and support stocktake, inventory and supply management
- Ensure waste per site and MIB is captured and data entry for the week is referenced against supporting intake documents, and assist in entering and managing incoming waste data and providing service data to accounts for billing as required
- Manage the logistics of site access, transport bookings, staff accommodation, equipment hire, and purchasing of equipment, parts and consumables
- Proven work experience in an Office Administration position or similar role in a related industry
- Knowledge of Office Administration responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to be clear and direct
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Excellent organisational and planning skills in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Strong computer proficiency and experience with Google Workspace, inventory management, database, or similar software is beneficial
- Self-motivated and trustworthy with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Relevant qualifications in Business or similar field, or equivalent relevant experience
- A valid, clean Australian driver’s licence (a manual licence will be highly regarded) and reliable transport
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the above requirements, as we are happy to train the right person
It is essential that you have unrestricted rights to live and work in Australia
- A competitive salary package of between $65k-$75k commensurate with skill level and experience
- Generous employment conditions including learning and development opportunities
- The opportunity to be work in a diverse multidisciplinary startup environment doing exciting, ground breaking work
- The chance to make a real impact, stopping one of the leading causes of climate change, every day. Literally, we’re doing it right now, as you read this.
Goterra is committed to our Diversity Promise of building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome the challenge of working with people who see and experience things differently from us and believe diversity makes us better. We strive to create an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work. We welcome you and make you feel like you belong. We hire people with disabilities and aspire to be a place where everyone has an opportunity to contribute to our mission. If you need assistance applying for this position, please contact [email protected]