Product Designer (UX/UI)
Dog person? Passionate about designing digital products and growing exceptional brands? Want to work for one of the fastest-growing consumer start-ups in Australia?
Our capes are on to reshape pet wellness, an industry built around outdated and shady products and practices. Our first brand, Lyka, delivers fresh, human-grade meals as a subscription service to dogs across Australia.
Since our founding in 2018, we have served over 5 million meals and raised ~AUD$8.5M in capital from venture funds and pet industry insiders to continue our mission to help pets live their best life.
We’re looking for an all-star Product Designer to join us in our mission to change the pet wellness game, and help our furry friends live out their best lives.
You will sit within our Growth team, working collaboratively with our Product Manager, Engineers and fellow Designers to create and deliver our end-to-end digital and sometimes physical experience.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Driving a deep understanding of the user through customer research, collating insights and translating them to improve user experience
- Understanding & synthesising UX problems and solving them through simple and streamlined design solutions
- Conceptualising solutions and prototyping ideas. Conducting user research & testing to validate designs, before translating wireframes into hi-fidelity designs
- Working closely with our stellar engineering team throughout the design process, including building out the finer details of interactions and testing the build of the designs
- Working on design projects that will include optimisation of existing assets – desktop and mobile websites, but also greenfield design for new website pages, additional websites, web apps and native mobile apps
- 3+ years of experience in UX, UI or digital product design
- Experience working closely with technology teams to ensure your designs are implemented and executed to the full and are absolutely pixel perfect
- Incredible attention to detail and consistency when it comes to designs
- Natural problem solver and thrives on creating customer solutions through the power of beautiful, human-centred design
- Comfortable with all the usual design tools. We use Figma, but there might be times where you’ll need to use other design tools like Adobe, Sketch etc…
- Excellent communication skills and able to deliver high quality work at pace
- Positive, can-do attitude and thrives on being part of a small, incredibly focussed team
- Comfortable with changing priorities and direction as the business requires and evolves. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day. As such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
- Finally, you must love dogs!
- Competitive compensation package, including equity in high growth start-up
- Flexibility – Strike a balance, work remotely and from our office
- Growth and Development – Lyka is growing extremely quickly, which means you’ll have the opportunity to take your career to the next level through high ownership and fast-pace
- Collaboration – Team Lyka is a unique and collaborative environment. From Full Stack Engineers, to Vets, and Videographers, our team excels at leveraging diverse points of view to create amazing results, while having fun along the way
- Fun team environment, including frequent outside work activities
- Discounts to feed your dog the best food in the world!
- Dog-friendly office – hang out with the original Lyka, and bring your own furry-loved ones
The majority of our team are based in Sydney, however we are open to applicants across Australia.
We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams
Lyka is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate diversity, are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.