Visual & Digital Designer
Do you want to join a team striving to transform how an industry trades through technology?
Do you want to be part of a fun, diverse team of over 60 who are rapidly growing in a ‘scale up’ environment?
At Ordermentum, we are on a mission to help food and beverage companies manage orders, facilitate payments, and discover new products and services that save time and money. Our purpose is to create a more sustainable food and beverage industry by helping suppliers and venues trade smarter.
Ordermentum is at an exciting stage of its growth journey and looking to invest in a Designer who will join our Growth & Marketing teams in designing content that engages our network of 34K+ venues and 600+ suppliers. This Designer will be someone who thrives in test-and-learn environments, and is forever curious about how our products can have a bigger impact on the lives of our customers.
What you will do:
While you will be predominantly working with the business’ Growth and Marketing leaders, you will collaborate closely with our product designers to be part of regular team rituals and learning opportunities.
- Designing content, campaigns, and experiences that engage our customers and build our brand on- and off-platform
- Website and Product wireframes and mockups
- In-App content
- Advertising collateral
- Social Media assets/including animation/gifs
- Content assets
- Video assets
- Working with Growth and Marketing teams to help bring these experiences to life
- Being comfortable with producing iterative designs, incorporating fast feedback and insights from customers and stakeholders
- Understanding how design shapes the conversion of our customers, and deliver projects that improve engagement
- Working with a growth mentality (including hypothesising opportunities, experiment design, & A|B testing)
- Supporting our product designers with design best practices, including growing and evolving our design system, developer collaboration, and customer research and testing
You will have:
- Creativity in spades
- A background in web design and/or visual design within tech or food
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability and conceptual thinking. Thrive in a hypothesis-based environment and able to frame strategic challenges from a digital/tech/design perspective
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to creatively think
- Self-motivated, driven and desire to learn and evolve constantly
- Ability to execute and manage your work plan and delivery according to agreed timelines
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people
- We are a small team and love seeing each other win, so a team attitude is a must
- A lifelong ambition to learn and improve
Nice to have:
- Fluency in working with state-of-the-art UI and prototyping tools (we are big fans of Figma for both)
- Skills in animation or experience in building non-static assets
- A strong interest in building and creating your own side projects
- A keen interest in the scale-up space and an appreciation of the hospitality industry and two-sided marketplaces would be a great plus
Got a portfolio that shows your skills in action? We’d love to see it!
Behavioural Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Energy and resilience in spades
- Highly results orientated
- Ready for a new challenge and able to hit the ground running
- How you do things is just as important as the work you’re doing
- Ability to connect and influence both face to face and via video/phone
- We are a small team and love seeing each other win so team attitude is a must
- Positive, can-do attitude that inspires others
- A lifelong ambition to learn and improve
What you get:
- An attractive salary and incentive package
- A range of benefits & work practices that encourage & promote flexibility
- Work in a small highly capable team
- For those based in Sydney, a great office centrally located in Surry Hills with a flexible working environment believing in getting things done rather than counting time at a desk
- Plus working in Food & Bev usually means lots of treats!
Ordermentum has built a sophisticated cloud-based payments and ordering SaaS application. Our world class platform processes over $1Billion in invoice value annually, and is loved by over 650 wholesale suppliers across Australia.
Ordermentum’s vision is to transform how an industry trades through technology. The food and beverage industry in Australia has over 80k venues and with 1 in 4 venues active on Ordermentum today our ambition is to be the sole B2B ordering, payments and insights platform in the country within 5 years.
We are a proudly Work 180 endorsed employer, supporting a range of flexible work benefits.