Sales Development Manager – APAC
MELBOURNE / MARKETING – DEMAND GENERATION / FULL-TIME
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it’s monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest growing and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
We have huge growth ambitions for 2022/23. In order to set our EMEA team up for success, our current Sydney-based SDR Manager will head over to Europe to focus on building and growing out the EU market there (we’re big on internal promotions here!). With that, we need someone to continue to lead and grow the exceptionally high performing SDR team here in APAC.
You will help the team continue to perform and exceed expectations by training, coaching and mentoring them to drive impactful results. You will also partner closely with our Marketing and Sales teams to align on integrated campaigns, strategic business initiatives, improve processes, and ultimately generate qualified meetings and pipeline for UpGuard’s Sales organisation.
What will you accomplish?
- Attract, hire, develop, and retain world-class SDR talent
- Drive a high performance, high accountability culture to achieve and exceed sales development goals
- Coach SDRs through shadowing, role plays, process improvement and performance reporting
- Leverage creative marketing and sales tactics to help the SDR team prospect and engage with multiple buyer personas to introduce UpGuard’s value
- Manage SDR reports and dashboards to ensure the results they deliver can be easily understood by stakeholders throughout the company
- Ensure sales accepted opportunities are sourced in accordance with company targets, and that our sales organisation has enough opportunities to work with to be fully productive
- Develop and maintain an SDR onboarding program, ensuring that ongoing training is up-to-date on our current product offering (in tandem with Sales Enablement)
- Work in collaboration with Sales and Marketing teams to develop effective messaging for outbound prospecting
- Partner closely with Sales and other members of the SDR Leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification processes
What do we need from you?
- 2+ years of experience in a dedicated sales/sales development or sales leadership role
- Experience scaling an SDR team, and can think through career paths, compensation plans, segmentation etc.
- Experience with a typical tech stack i.e. Outreach, Hubspot, Lusha, Sales Nav, Gong etc.
- You use data and analytics to drive your decision making process, identify areas for improvement, and track progress
- You are obsessed with making customers happy, and have an acute understanding of the pain points involved in first contact with a prospect
- Have a reputation with cross-functional teams as being collaborative, innovative, accountable, and reliable
- Passionate about technology
What would give you an edge?
- Experience or a keen interest in cybersecurity
- Highly fluent in designing and implementing outbound sales development playbooks, cadences, and best practices
- Have successfully scaled an SDR team in a SaaS company
- Experience managing remote and diverse SDRs
- Experience generating leads in the Asia Pacific market, including S.E.Asia & India
What’s in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: Extremely competitive base salary + commission and Equity Stock Options Plan
- Great perks: Flexible work arrangements, generous monthly wellness and grocery subsidies, a huge learning and development budget (we encourage self-development), and a very healthy quarterly team building budget to work with (to have some fun!)
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or re-location. Apologies.