Senior Finance Manager
A bit about us:
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of Australia’s fastest-growing startups to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and valued at AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of Immutable X and the Game Studio. Immutable X is the first and leading Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum, with zero gas fees & is 100% carbon neutral. The Immutable Studio creates games on blockchain technologies to allow for true, digital ownership; including the world’s first NFT trading-card game, Gods Unchained, and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
A bit about the role:
As a result of our rapid scale-up growth, we’re looking for a growth-focused Senior Finance Manager to help build and scale our controllership function.
The role will report to the VP Finance and you will play a key role in driving process improvements within Immutable’s Finance function and building our team in response to our continued rapid global expansion.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute significantly to our finance scale-up and transformation. You’ll be implementing expense management tooling, ERP migration, build transfer pricing and global tax collection frameworks and reporting across the group
- Own the production of timely and audit-ready financial statements and internal controls
- Implementing processes and ensuring the function has the appropriate tech stack and internal processes in place to support scalability and automation of the business, as well as maximising team productivity and reporting accuracy
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to support key company initiatives, particularly those around segmented P&L reporting
- Partner closely with the FP&A team to provide timely and accurate reporting for forecasting and analytics
- Coordinate with external accountants and tax advisors to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, transfer pricing, filing and withholding requirements
- Demonstrate a high level of personal accountability, innovative thinking, and continuous improvement
We would love you to have:
- CA, CPA or equivalent certification required
- Proven track-record of building and managing high performing teams and developing talent within an organisation
- 3+ years as a Financial Controller or similar seniority role
- Ability to work in a growing, entrepreneurial organisation; ability to quickly identify both risks and opportunities while maintaining a strong focus on both process improvements and results
- Strong technical accounting knowledge including understanding of IFRS
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience working in a tech start-up
- Public accounting as well as commercial experience
- Experience with US GAAP
- Experience working in a multi-country corporate group
- ERP/systems implementation experience
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You’ll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you. We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.