VP of Sales
Hi, we’re CIM. We’re a founder-led, venture-backed climate-tech scale-up that has created software which helps building owners accelerate their journey to net zero emissions. We are looking for incredible, mission oriented people who are motivated by solving complex problems to join our team.
First, some context: the built environment is one of the biggest contributors to climate change, accounting for almost 50% of global greenhouse gas emissions. Over half of these emissions are generated by operational activities * which our software helps reduce by enabling property operations teams to work smarter and more collaboratively.
By automating critical operational activities and accelerating the completion of key tasks we are able to significantly improve operational efficiency of a building and reduce its carbon footprint. To date, we’ve helped save over 179k tons of CO2 from the environment and our goal is to become a gigacorn (reducing CO2 emissions by 1 gigaton/year).
Our clients include real estate investment trusts, super funds, governments, major cultural institutions and property owners who operate offices, shopping centres, airports, and other commercial spaces.
With our HQ in Sydney and an office in EMEA, we’re a team of passionate, skilled experts united by our desire to improve sustainability in the built environment. We recently won at the Telstra Business Awards (NSW) for embracing innovation and are also listed in the Australian Financial Review’s Fast 100 growth companies.
Will you join us?
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an inspiring VP of Sales with a passion for sales, technology and leadership to join our team. As an early-stage scale up, you’ll have a significant impact on our success by creating and leading our global go-to-market strategy.
You will be responsible for creating a predictable and repeatable end-to-end sales process, full people leadership of our sales team, and delivering new customer acquisition.
You have demonstrated success in scaling revenue, sales and people leadership. You know what it takes to sell, and have the ability to share that knowledge and processes with the people you manage. You understand what it takes to run a successful sales function and you use your people skills to coach, mentor and develop your team, instilling a high-performance culture.
To be successful in this role you must have a deep understanding of b2b enterprise sales, our clients’ needs, the competitive market, as well as the ability to analyse, forecast, and implement effective sales strategies that will drive business growth.
We’re aware of research that indicates people identifying as women or from under-represented groups are far less likely to apply for roles if they don’t meet 100% of the requirements. At CIM, we’re interested in hiring passionate and curious people that are motivated to make a difference, so please still apply even if you don’t think you have the required experience in absolutely everything that we mention below.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Design, implement and execute a sales plan and processes to generate scalable, repeatable and predictable sales revenue in a high growth environment
- Provide full people leadership to the global go-to-market sales teams by driving accountability, evaluating results and activity, hiring, coaching and developing team members, and add value by removing roadblocks
- Champion data-hygiene by promoting the use of our CRM
- Establish productive and professional relationships with multiple key contacts in client accounts, understanding who the influencers and decision makers are to help unlock and accelerate revenue opportunities
- Work with the Head of Partnerships to develop new sales channels and partners/resellers/distributors
- Align product, sales and marketing teams to work together on designing buyer personas, sales stories and lead offers
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH:
- Reports to: The CEO
- Direct reports: Regional Sales Leaders
- Key internal stakeholders: Head of Marketing, VP of Product and the wider Executive Leadership Team
- Key external stakeholders: Existing customers and potential customers
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Significant experience as a senior sales leader in b2b enterprise sales at high growth companies with a track record of multiplying global revenue, and experience scaling fast sales growth
- Previous experience successfully executing a sales strategy and plan to consistently deliver revenue growth
- A sales leader that can create a high-performing team with an open communication culture and proven sales processes
- Deep empathy and passion for our end users, clearly understanding our customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: the ability to speak and present knowledgeably, clearly and persuasively to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Self-motivated, high-energy, sophisticated individual with professional business acumen
- High-level proficiency with CRM software and MS Office programs
- An understanding of the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and/or general IT software space
- Exposure to or experience in engineering or environmental sustainability and efficiency type environments would be a bonus, but not essential
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- The ability to develop and lead the entire Sales function and its operations. There’s a huge opportunity for you to use your sales and leadership skills to build a high-performing function and team
- Knowing that each day you work at CIM, you’ll be taking climate action
- Highly competitive base salary & OTE
- A range of employee perks, from personal training sessions to weekly employee lunches and an EAP service.
- A flexible, hybrid workplace. With a great office in the heart of Sydney with remote work options.