Ben Pfisterer is the CEO and Co-Founder of Zeller, an alternative to business banking. Prior to founding Zeller, Ben was the country manager for Square in Australia. Zeller was founded in early 2020 and has seen massive growth since then, with several rounds of capital raises and a team of 100. Zeller is just getting started, with sights on becoming a multigenerational business that changes the landscape of the Australian payments industry and expands globally. Ben is an ambitious, fast-moving, and highly capable founder with many insights to share.
Ian sits down with Ben to discuss…
- A high-level view of the payments industry
- How Zeller raised a large amount of money in a short period of time
- Why each employee should be part-owner of the business
- Square’s recent acquisition of Afterpay
- The growth of the Buy Now, Pay Later sector
- How resilience played a role in Ben’s journey
- The mental health pressures that many Founders experience
...and much more!
- Book: Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- Podcast: The Dropout, How I Built This, The Dollop
- News Source: AFR, The Age, The Australian, Techcrunch
- Tech CEO: Mike Starkey (Athena)
- App: YR (Weather app)
- Productivity Tool: Slack, Figma
- TV Show: Loki, Silicon Valley
- Ted Talk Topic: “Resilience and the difficulties faced when founding a startup”
Zeller is hiring! Check out available opportunities.