13 Apr, 2021
E112 – Nick Carter, Macquarie Group
Nick Carter is the is one of Australia’s leading energy experts; he is currently Senior Vice President of Energy Tech and Solutions at Macquarie in Australia where works across a range of areas from energy storage to renewable energy. He is an engineer by trade and has worked around the world for companies like Toyota, General Motors and Tesla. Nick has a real passion for electric vehicles (EVs) and this episode heavily focuses on the future of electronic vehicles in Australia.
Some topics Nick covers in this conversation with Phaedon include:
- Big changes in the EV space from the past year
- How autonomous vehicles relate to electric vehicles
- Electrification of the transport system and the opportunities it presents
- How the grid will be impacted by an increase in EV uptake
- Trends, challenges and opportunities in the EV space
- Book: What Is to Be Done: Political Engagement and Saving the Planet by Barry Jones
- Podcast: The Driven podcast by the
- News source: ABC News
- Holiday location: Forrest, Victoria
- Favorite founder or CEO: JB Straubel, Founder of Redwood Materials (Former CTO of Tesla)
- Productivity tool: Trello
- Ted talk topic: How to electrify the whole fleet
Join Innovation Bay at our upcoming Breakfast panel “Fighting climate change with big data”. Four climate change experts will discuss how big data can be used to predict and prevent climate change. Register for your free virtual ticket here.
More Innovation Bay content
Join the Innovation Bay community
Proudly supported by
INNOVATION BAY NEWSletter
Stay up to date
Sign up for monthly updates including exclusive interviews, pitch dates, event announcements, profile, news and much more.