We are Innovation Bay Pty Ltd (ABN 33 145 690 580).
We take your privacy and data security seriously. We comply with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- We collect personal information from you
- We collect personal information from you about your identity — including your name, address, date of birth and gender
- We also collect personal information about you if you post it on our website or in any of our forums
- We also collect information about your business through membership and program applications on our website and through third party services providers
Use and disclosure
Why do we collect your information and how do we use it?
We collect, use and disclose your information so we can:
- Confirm your identity
- Assess your application for a product or service
- Design, manage, price and provide our products and services
- Manage our relationship with you
- Minimise risks and identify or investigate fraud and other illegal activities
- Contact you, for example, when we need to tell you something important
- Improve our service to you and your experience with us
- Comply with laws and assist government or law enforcement
Why do we disclose your personal information?
We disclose to other businesses who do some of our work for us for the purposes listed in this policy, or for related purposes. This includes data analytics, cloud computing and IT support.
Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will not disclose your information a purpose other than those listed here without you consent
In exceptional circumstances we may need to use or disclose your information without your consent. This will be limited to protecting the safety of you or another person, or as required by law.
We will disclose personal information if our assets and operations are transferred to another party as a going concern.
We use a number of third-party service providers, including:
Mailchimp allows us to manage a database of email contacts, phone contacts or any other contact information to communicate with the User.
Mailchimp may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the User, as well as when the User interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
You may opt out of google analytics here.
Coventured is an online platform matching startups with relevant opportunities like education programs and corporate customers. We use it to manage the application process for various events and programs.
- We will use your email address to send you emails to update you about our services. You may opt out of these emails at any time.
- We will not provide your email to third parties for marketing purposes
- We do not use customer lists obtained from third parties for marketing purposes
- We comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003.
We will contact you to communicate relating to an outstanding order or request, responding to an email communication and for marketing purposes.
How can you access, correct or update the personal information about you that we hold?
Can you access the information about you that we hold?
You can access the information that we hold that is about you. You can request access by emailing us at email@example.com. When you request access, we will need to confirm your identity.
How long will it take?
We will try make your information available within 30 days. If it is going to take longer, we will let you know.
When we may refuse to give you information
We won’t provide you with information when we are required by law to keep the information confidential or if we are unable to confirm your identity.
How can you update your information?
If we hold information about you that is out of date or incorrect, you can ask us to update it. We won’t charge for this. If we don’t think the information is incorrect, we will explain to you why.
How do we keep your information safe?
- System security
- When you log into our websites or apps, we encrypt data sent your data no one else can access it.
- We have firewalls, intrusion detection and virus scanning to prevent unauthorised access to our systems.
- We use passwords to stop unauthorised people getting access.
- We destroying or de-identifying data when it is no longer required.
- We regularly train our staff in how to keep your information safe and secure.
How can you make a complaint about privacy?
If you would like to make a complaint about a breach of privacy you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3, 11 York Street, Sydney, Australia
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner under the Privacy Act. To find out about making a complaint to the information commissioner click here.
You can find more information about your privacy at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website (www.oaic.gov.au).