14 October, 2022
E148 – George Peppou, Founder and CEO of Vow Food
Joining us for Episode 148 is the fascinating George Peppou, Founder and CEO of Vow Food, a cultivated meat company, founded and operated in Sydney. Vow is made up of a multidisciplinary team of scientists, technologists and designers, working together in the relentless pursuit of better food.
By making meat with animal cells, and not the animals themselves, Vow is creating the world’s most tantalising and unique culinary experiences without compromising on ethics or our planet along the way.
Ian and George dive into George’s career path so far, from studying Biochemistry and Immunobiology at Sydney University to Founder and CEO of Vow Food. Tune in to hear more on:
- The effects of the meat industry and food production on the Global greenhouse gas emissions
- How Vow as a product is produced and when it will first go to market
- The investment and growth stages of Vow
- Georges business and personal challenges
Quick fire round:
- Book: Trillion Dollar Coach: The Leadership Handbook of Silicon Valley’s Bill Campbell, By: Eric Schmidt, Jonathan Rosenberg, Alan Eagle
- Podcast: Lex Fridman and The Constant
- News Source: ABC/AFR for local news and The Atlantic
- App: Vimcal – Lightning-fast calendar for remote work
- Tech CEO: Elon Musk
- TV Show: Jerrfey Dahmer on Netflix
- Ted Talk: Woodwork and a mindfulness practice.
More Innovation Bay content
Join the Innovation Bay community
Proudly supported by
INNOVATION BAY NEWSletter
Stay up to date
Sign up for monthly updates including exclusive interviews, pitch dates, event announcements, profile, news and much more.